Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chicken Casserole My Mother Found Because of an Army Connection

Scentsy salutes the military 9/1/10
Here's a recipe my Mother used to make us when we were growing up. It's from my Mother's friend Joyce she met when they were neighbors as young Mother's and when their husbands were in the army together.

It was a favorite of ours growing up and now my children enjoy this simple casserole also. I hope you will too.

Joyce's Chicken Casserole

1 *chicken cut in bite size pieces
1 can campbell's onion soup
2 cup chicken stock
3/4 sq. butter
1 cup rice
Mix all together.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

A 3-1/2-pound whole *chicken will yield about 3 cups of diced cooked chicken.  Generally, 3/4 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts will yield 2 cups of cubed cooked chicken. Allow about 1/4 to 1/3 pound of boneless chicken per serving. 

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map