Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Veggie Tails

My Mother had a flair for making food look good.  She says that we eat with our eyes; that 75% of a food's taste comes from how it looks.  Her Mother taught her this.  She also taught me that you need to have color on the table and plate.  So if you are serving chicken with mashed potatoes, the veggie needs to be colorful like crisp, dark green beans and vivid red tomatoes instead of corn.  Color, texture and garnish make a difference.  Also, somewhere I heard that food scientifically tastes better if made with love.  I believe it!

This week I made a veggie tray for our evening Relief Society meeting.  I only had time for two quick snapshots before it was served.  I wish I'd had time for some close up shots.  This rounded basket with a handle is what my Mother used to use.  Descriptions of how to prepare the veggies are found at http://maijarecipes.blogspot.com/2012/11/veggie-tails-and-flowers-for-fancy.html.


While I was making it, one of my Primary girls came by the kitchen in the church and really liked how it looked.  She asked if I was going to make one for our party two days later.  So, I did. 

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map