Monday, November 19, 2007

Old World Fresh Apple Butter Cake Tastes Great

Using the same castle mold I bought at Wal-Mart, I made this recipe, for our sister-in-law's birthday. I was worried the apples, may leave holes in the turrets, but it came out perfectly again. Also, I really recommend Pam with Flour.


Categories: Desserts
Title: Old World Fresh Apple Butter Cake

Description:
My Mother made this every fall during apple harvest time. It is often my choice for my birthday cake.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups peeled grated apples
2 cups chopped walnuts


Directions:
In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until well mixed. Gradually add the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in vanilla. Fold in apples and walnuts.

Pour into a greased tube pan or bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Glaze if desired. I don't. I did sprinkle powdered sugar on it, so the castle looked like it had freshly fallen snow on it.

4 comments:

Eva-Marie said...

Thank you Maija-Liisa for making this wonderful and oh so delicious cake for me this weekend!!! I loved it!

Eva-Marie

Maija-Liisa said...

You are most welcome! Glad it turned out, even if I forgot how much flour is needed. I'll try it again soon with 3 cups of flour.

Anonymous said...

My husband and children made this for me for my birthday and it was yummy and thoughtful!

Anonymous said...

Easy, autumny and tasty too.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map